Monday, February 22, 2010

Jenglish (USA)

I was raised a fundamentalist Christian in the Midwest. I was a pretty devout Christian all the way into college. I was secure enough in my faith to question it. A combination of psychology, philosophy, anthropology and history added up to too many inconsistencies with my faith. Evolution made too much sense, there were no missing links, all of human behavior can be linked to the brain (reductive materialism), etc, etc, etc, I simply learned too much in college to continue to believe. Former pastors claim that I received "a liberal brainwashing" but it is not my education I blame for brainwashing. I have done a lot of things in my life I am not proud of, but there is nothing I carry more shame for than the people I converted to Christianity while I was a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment