Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shyone (Midwest USA)

What was the final "trigger" that convinced you to become an atheist?
My conversation with my pastor was defining. It's not that he said anything wrong, or that I suddenly realized anything. It was more that I felt he knew that I was losing my faith.

Sometime later, while praying, it all came crashing down and I was alone talking to myself in the middle of a church service. No gods were listening. This was after I had already studied the Bible, history and other things, and I was practicing medicine. I knew the truth; it just didn't seem to matter until I realized emotionally that there was no one on the other end of the prayer.

How did your decision to become an atheist affect your life?
I understood what an explanation was, and the world made perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment